Leanne

Leanne

Death of a Blues Angel
Sarah Black
Unsettled Conditions (Pindone Files #4-5)
Ann Somerville
Ricochet - The House of Silence - J.A. Jaken I enjoyed this series tremendously. The word I keep wanting to use to describe it is romp--although it's too dark for that, really. It is pretty heavy in parts...there is some very nasty non-con and bdsm scenes that would hardly be called 'play'....I suppose what was really missing for me in this second book was more character development. I love it most when I get to spend time in a character's head and because there are so many in this story, and so much going on, there wasn't enough of an emotional connection for me to give this 5 stars. So what it is is one twisted, hot, action-packed romp involving some vulnerable, scarred, interesting inhabitants of the bordello. I loved the hurt/comfort themes, and that by the end, these men from disparate backgrounds have found a sense of belonging and family. Yes, there were many sex scenes and, for the most part, they were pretty hot. This is not a romance though. A small part of me wishes this was like one of those lonnng slavefic series like Slave Breakers[bc:Bran's Story|7802920|Bran's Story (The Slave Breakers, #1)|Maculategiraffe|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1267502946s/7802920.jpg|10791744] , so that each character could have their own story properly told...and their own HEA fully realised.

If you enjoy dub-con, slavefic and Teahouse[bc:Teahouse|10387381|Teahouse|Emirain|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1296845897s/10387381.jpg|15291086] you'll probably get a kick out of this series.

And now that the AA has come and replaced my car battery I guess I'd better get to work. Three bonus hours to finish a book! Sometimes Monday mornings aren't that bad