Leanne

Leanne

Death of a Blues Angel
Sarah Black
Unsettled Conditions (Pindone Files #4-5)
Ann Somerville
Glitterland - Alexis Hall It's probably a massive understatement to say that this book ticks just about all my boxes. I adored everything about it. EVERYTHING. It doesn't shy away from very serious themes and is pretty dark and intense in parts but there's a wonderful sweetness and humour here too. Ash's struggle with mental illness was brilliantly written, I thought. I loved his snark and self-deprecating humour ....and how he slowly begins to loosen up, to dare to hope, the longer he's around Darian...his glitter pirate. Oh, sweet Darian. I'd happily sit and watch MasterChef with you...(even though I hate that voice-over ;P)

Alexis Hall skillfully plucked and pulled at my heartstrings to the point where I was cackling gleefully one minute and sobbing pathetically the next. Ash and Darian are real,flawed and wonderful characters and I was utterly charmed by them. And Amy too!

"It seemed, just then, an impossible kindness that two such people could find something worth liking in all my sharp and scattered pieces. I turned into Darian’s shoulder and smothered a smile there."

Intense. Funny. Poignant. Sad. Charming. Thoughtful.
And so, so beautifully written. Mr Hall? You had me at theLord of Scoundrels review you did on Dear Author. Congrats on an awesome debut! Hands down, one of the best books of 2013.

Highly recommended.